Tomato- Watermelon Soup

I absolutely love soups, perhaps it goes back to my roots since at every dinner we always had two courses at my house- which includes a soup first.
It doesn't matter to me if it's super hot out or cold, a hot soup is always delicious. I have never made gazpacho, yet I love tomato juice and can see how refreshing it could be on any day.
Given that, I wanted to explore some cold soup options and I came across this interesting mix Tomato-Watermelon Soup. An Interesting mix -you might say, well I would love to try it, since these interesting combinations oftentimes end up being SUPER delicious. I am also a BIG fan of watermelon, so this might very well be a winning combination ;-)
For those that don't cook much - this is a no cook recipe so dig in!


INGREDIENTS

2 cups cubed watermelon (about a 2 1/2-lb piece)
2 tomatoes (about 1/2 lb), quartered
2 tablespoons unsalted almonds, ground
1/2 shallot, quartered
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
1 tablespoon black olives, pitted and chopped
2 teaspoons fresh mint


PREPARATION

Blend watermelon, tomatoes, almonds, shallot, lemon juice, vinegar and oil in a food processor until smooth. Divide soup among 4 bowls and top with feta, olives and mint.

The skinny147 calories per serving 5 g fat (0.9 g saturated), 25.9 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 5.5 g protein


recipie via Self