Reupholstering the tufted barrel back

So here is one item that I have on my to do list. Reupholstering one a tufted barrel back chairs which I have purchased a few months ago for a corner of the dressing room.
 I love mixing styles, but all in all my taste is normally a bit more modern and refined. On the other hand, I also love classics and traditional flair pieces that can really bring in some romance into the space. This Tufted barrel back chair is not only super comfortable but fits perfectly in it's nook and can look very fun in many different fabrics. It could go with a modern graphic print, a bold mohair or velvet or even a  yummy bright linen or cotton.
So here it goes- I do want to make it a bit more modern yet I don't want to upstage the barrel back silhouette. Also in the space where it will now reside , there is lots of white so I either highlight that or break it up with some pops of color.
Here is a fun option:
before/current state -I know I know it actually looks very nice yet it's not the right tone for the space and I want to replace the padding and make is a brand new chair while utiilzing the amazing sturdy frame (that is something that you should always pay attention to, the type of wood frame which I posted about in the Wood furniture post

How about the fresh white/gray zebra print casual cotton look. The contrast makes it look nice and fresh

Perhaps I can make the sitting cushion a different fabric,, hmmm