Herb Garden

Fresh organic vegetables and herbs are the best! There is nothing more fantastic while eating a meal than enjoying the full flavor, juices and ample vitamins of fruits and veggies minus the pesticides.
This morning, as I was making breakfast and wanted to use some Chives in my dish, I discovered that it has been eliminated from the garden. Yes, it has been trimmed as if it was a weed by the landscaping guys.
 Of course, they thought they were being extra careful going around the tomatoes and other obvious veggies cutting down excess grass when in fact they were trimming my delicious chives, lovage and mint. :(


 I will have to wait a bit longer for the herbs to grow back before I can enjoy it's fresh deliciousness. 
For today's swicharoo, I ended up using dill- which is also fresh, yummy and full of great benefits. Yet I suddenly have a taste for mint tea perhaps a mojito or to make a yummy soup that needs lovage to taste it's best. Hmmm isn't that always the case. ;-)

After my sad discovery I thought about how I can prevent this from happening again without having to grow the herbs at home during the summer.  I started to look at some garden markers options and I really like the chalkboard type. I like that you can write the item yourself making it look more personal. 
I came across this cute DIY chalkboard plant stakes on design sponge that I thought were fabulous!
Although, I will probably be the one purchasing them from the store I still thought it would be fun to do a project like this. Later you can nicely display your personalized plant names and organize and protect your crops without having someone thinking it's some useless weed.

Tell me about your garden, do you grow vegetables, herb or flowers ? What's your strategy? 




Yummy vegetables and herbs
Photo courtesy of DesignSponge

Photo Courtesy of Design Sponge
Blackboard Garden Lables from Terrain